Yakunina Anastasiya Vadimovna, Postgraduate student, Lobachevsky State National Research University of Nizhny Novgorod (23 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sinitsyna Yuliya Vital'evna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of biochemistry and biotechnology, Lobachevsky State National Research University of Nizhny Novgorod (23 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Krutova Elena Konstantinovna, Candidate biological sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of botany, physiology and plant protection, Nighny Novgorod State Agricultural Academy (97 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Veselov Aleksandr Pavlovich, Doctor of biological sciences, professor, sub-department of biochemistry and biotechnology, Lobachevsky State National Research University of Nizhny Novgorod (23 Gagarina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. In the last decade, an increasingly advanced direction has become the development of drugs – synthetic growth regulators, which are environmentally safe drugs of stability increasing and productivity of agricultural plants. The purpose of the research is to study the effect of the artificial phytohormone pirabactin on the yield of peas grown in the field, as well as on the indicators of lipid peroxidation (LPO) and the electrolytes leakage in plant cells.
Materials and methods. Pea plants were grown in the field, one group of plants was treated with phytohormone at the seed stage, the other – at the crop stage. For the seed treatment pyrabactin was used at a concentration of 0,3 μmol/l, for crop treatment – at a concentration of 1 μmol/l. Control plants were treated with an appropriate amount of water. The biological yield, content of diene conjugates, Schiff bases, the electrolytes leakage were measured, and the membrane stability index was calculated.
Results. Seed treatment with pirabactin increased the biological yield of pea plants by 33 %, crop treatment – by 17 %. Pirabactin, with any type of treatment, did not affect the electrolytes leakage and the content of LPO products.
Conclusions. Pirabactin increased the biological yield of peas both in seed treatment and in crop treatment. However, pirabactin did not affect on the electrolytes leakage and the content of LPO products. Thus, pyrabactin can be used to increase the yield of pea plants, but the mechanism of its stimulating action, apparently, is not associated with cell membranes.
1. Shakirova F. M. Nespetsificheskaya ustoychivost' rasteniy k stressovym faktoram i ee regulyatsiya [Non-specific plant resistance to stress factors and its regulation]. Ufa: Gilem, 2001, 160 p. [In Russian]
2. Eyidogan F., Oz M. T., Yucel M., Oktem H. A. Phytohormones and Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants. Berlin; Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2012, pp. 1–48.
3. Helander J. D. M., Vaidya A. S., Cutler S. R. Bioorganic & Madicinal Chemistry. 2016, vol. 24, pp. 493–500.
4. Peterson F., Burgie E., Park S. et al. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. 2010, no. 17, pp. 1109–1113. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1038/nsmb.1898
5. Melcher K., Xu Y., Ng L. et al. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. 2010, no. 17, pp. 1102–1108. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1038/nsmb.1887
6. Gorshkova A. D., Sinitsyna Yu. V., Krutova E. K. Biosistemy: organizatsiya, povedenie, upravlenie: tez. dokl. 71-y Vseros. s mezhdunar. uchastiem shkoly-konf. molodykh uchenykh (g. Nizhniy Novgorod, 17–20 aprelya 2018 g.) [Biosystems: organization, behavior, management: proceedings of the 71st All-Russian conference of young scientists with the participation of schools (Nizhny Novgorod, April 17–20, 2018)]. Nizhniy Novgorod: Izd-vo NNGU, 2018, p. 67. [In Russian]
7. Miret J. A., Munne-Bosch S. Sergi, Dijkwel P. P. Plant Biotechnology Journal. 2018, no. 16, pp. 530–544.
8. Dias M. C., Oliveira H., Costa A., Santos C. Environmental and Experimental Botany. 2014, vol. 100, pp. 64–73.
9. Xu Yuefei, Fu Juanjuan, Chu Xitong, Sun Yongfang, Zhou He, Hu Tianming. Scientia Horticulturae. 2013, vol. 162, pp. 1–10.
10. Shevyakova N. I., Musatenko L. I., Stetsenko L. A., Rakitin V. Yu., Vedenicheva N. P., Kuznetsov V. V. Fiziologiya rasteniy [Plant physiology]. 2013, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 784–792. [In Russian]
11. Hung K. T., Kao S. H. Journal of Plant Physiology. 2004, vol. 161, pp. 1347–1357. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jplph.2004.05.011
12. Dospekhov B. A. Metodika polevogo opyta [Field experiment technique]. Moscow: Kolos, 1985, 416 p. [In Russian]
13. Sherstneva O. N., Surova L. M., Sinitsyna Yu. V., Ageeva M. N., Seredneva Ya. V., Vodeneev V. A., Sukhov V. S. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern issues of science and education]. 2015, no. 6. Available at: http://www.science-educa tion.ru/ru/article/view?id=23287 [In Russian]
14. Kamyshnikov V. S. Spravochnik po kliniko-biokhimicheskoy diagnostike [Clinical and biochemical diagnostics handbook]. Minsk: Belarus', 2000, 896 p. [In Russian]
15. Bidlack W. R., Tappel A. L. Lipids. 1973, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 203–207.
16. Lukatkin A. S., Grishenkova N. N. Povolzhskiy ekologicheskiy zhurnal [Volga regional ecological journal]. 2005, no. 1, pp. 3–11. [In Russian]
17. Opytnoe delo v polevodstve [Experiments in field cultivation]. Ed. by G. F. Nikitenko. Moscow: Rossel'khozizdat, 1982, 190 p. [In Russian]
18. Glants S. Mediko-biologicheskaya statistika [Biomedical statistics]. Moscow: Praktika, 1998, 459 p. [In Russian]
19. Yakunina A. V., Sinitsyna Yu. V., Krutova E. K., Mikhalev E. V. Biosistemy: organizatsiya, povedenie, upravlenie: tez. dokl. 72-y Vseros. s mezhdunar. uchastiem shkolykonf. molodykh uchenykh (g. Nizhniy Novgorod, 23–26 aprelya 2019 g.) [Biosystems: organization, behavior, management: proceedings of the 72nd All-Russian conference of young scientists with the participation of schools (Nizhny Nivgorod, April 23–26, 2019)]. Nizhniy Novgorod: Izd-vo NNGU, 2019, p. 263. [In Russian]
20. Sinitsyna Yu. V., Yakunina A. V., Krutova E. K., Sukhov V. S., Veselov A. P. Vestnik zashchity rasteniy [Plant Protection Bulletin]. 2016, no. 3 (89), pp. 153, 154. [In Russian]
21. Ng L. M. Abiotic and Biotic Stress in Plants: Recent Advances and Future Perspectives. 2016, part 19, pp. 441–461. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/61317
22. Cao M. J. et al. Cell Research. 2013, no. 23, pp. 1043–1054. Available at: https://doi. org/10.1038/cr.2013.95
23. Zhou Y., He R., Guo Y. et al. Scientific reports. 2019, no. 9 (2887), 9 p. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-39013-8